Simple green greens go from boring to fun with just a little panko (Japanese style breadcrumbs), oil and seasonings and a few minutes in the oven.
Remember the Pork & Pepper Burgers I made a couple of weeks ago? These beans are the side dish I made to go with those and it really was a good pairing as these brought a salty crunch to the mix.
And these could hardly be easier! I used thawed green beans from the freezer but you could certainly use fresh as well. Just be sure to parboil them first. I have an issue with green beans squeaking when I chew them so I like the frozen ones better in that regard.
The beans are coated in a little oil then tossed with panko, Parmesan and garlic powder then baked for only about 7 minutes. It’s a super quick, super easy side which is perfect for weeknights.
What are some of your favorite fast sides for during the week?
- 12 oz frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ c panko
- ¼ c finely grated fresh Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the beans in a large bowl. Drizzle the oil over the beans and toss to coat well with the oil.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat well.
- Spread the beans evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 5-10 minutes or until the panko is golden brown and the beans are heated through.